Welcome to Kassel!
Kassel is a city full of exciting contrasts. In architecture. In the contrast between classic and modern. In the field of tension of urbanity and nature. Always open for new things, eager to experiment and unconventional. A city for people who seek new impressions and want to be inspired. The international university city greets the ancient residence of kings and landgraves. And she greets your visitors - with a winning and mischievous smile: Here you can experience something!
01 soki: Sustainable for the bottom
Colourful boxer shorts made from old bed linen: where can you find such a thing? In Kassel of course! Since 2015, the green fashion label soki has done its tailoring in a spirit of sustainability in Kassel’s Vorderer Westen district. Here, the trained tailor Kira Kamm and her team transform old bed linen into colourful boxer shorts and bring out casual collections for the whole family twice a year. Upcycling at its best – made in Kassel!
02 KolorCubes: Colorful walls for Kassel!
Since 2015, the Kassel art project KolorCubes has produced large-format murals in the streets of the city - together with artists from all over the world and mainly in the Schiller district of Kassel. For the summer of 2019, an exchange with the Romanian street art festival FISART is planned, which will make Kassel richer by other works of art in public space.
The Kassel Documentary Film and Video Festival (DOKFEST) takes place annually for six days in November – and this year for the 36th time. The program includes around 250 national and international films each year, including many premieres. There is also a diverse accompanying program, ranging from a media art exhibition and an interdisciplinary symposium to the DokfestLounge with VJs and DJs, performances and parties.
04 Kulturzelt Kassel: Music and summer air at the Fulda river
Every summer for over 30 years the culture tent at the Fulda river has been attracting music lovers from all over the region, who can experience rich sounds from a wide variety of popular music – in a very special atmosphere and in an excellent, studio-like sound. This year's program focuses on the broad scene of the German-speaking acts – from poetic sounds to harsh big-city chansons to modern soul.
Right in the centre of the city yet still quietly located, the Best Western Plus Hotel Kassel City is the perfect place to stay for anyone that wants to be able to explore all of Kassel\'s diverse and exciting facets without having to walk too far.
- 3 nights´ accommodation including breakfast
- 1 x salmon or ham platter
- 1 x cocktail at the hotel bar
- 1 x surprise in your room
- Mini bar, parking and Wi-Fi included
from 173,00 EUR per person
Experience Kassel\'s “green“ side and enjoy 2 nights and 1 day at Renthof Kassel. Enjoy fantastic hiking trails as well as culinary delights from the kitchen, and restful and relaxing nights in our lovingly furnished rooms, which are equipped with Coco-Mat beds.
- Two nights´ accommodation in a double room
- Choice of picnic hamper or hiking rucksack filled with delicious food and a hiking map of the most beautiful trails in and around Kassel
- A picnic rug and a bottle of “Hummeln im Hintern“
- Our extensive breakfast selection
- MeineCardPlus Kassel
from 350 EUR p.P.
WowActive in Kassel
Are you looking for a place where you can relax a little with your partner, your kids or your friends, yet also enjoy all of the activities summer in the city has to offer?
- 3 days (2 nights) + 1 night at a special discounted rate
- 3 x breakfast
- Enjoy one hour of yoga with a personal trainer in your room, or book your personal trainer for a few outdoor exercises directly next to the Fulda river. On request, both can also be combined for an extra charge.
- Every day, you can enjoy: 2 hours\' free admission to the Kurhessen–Therme or the use of an e-bike for 4 hours per day, as well as many other things...
- MeineCardPlus Kassel
from 450 EUR p.P.
WowDolce Vita Landgrave Carl Style
Situated right in the middle of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe, the Schlosshotel Bad Wilhelmshöhe Conference & SPA offers you a taste of the “sweet life“ which Landgrave Carl already offered his guests 300 years ago.
- 2 x accommodation in a “comfort“ category double room with late checkout on Sundays until 2 p.m. at no extra charge (subject to availability and on request; we are also happy to check for you whether this is possible on other days of the week)
- 2 x Schlosshotel breakfast
- 2 x chef´s choice set menu
- Free admission to the hotel´s spa and fitness facilities including indoor pool and natural swimming pool
- ... and lots more!
from 200 EUR p.P.