Regional tastes best!
Smooth craft beer, honey made in Kassel and a sophisticated gin distilled in northern Hesse: numerous regional specialities enjoyed by gourmets from near and far are lovingly hand-made in and around Kassel. Of course, they also include tasty treats that are typical for Kassel and the region, whether the legendary "Ahle Worscht" or the original "Kasseler Hornaffen". You can look forward to some exciting culinary discoveries – you'll see, Kassel tastes good, too! Or, as the Kassel natives put it: "S'schmegged".
01 Honey "Made in Kassel"
"Urban Beekeeping" is very much in fashion – and has long since landed in Kassel. In the middle of the city, busy bees use the abundance of flowers on balconies and traffic islands or in parks and gardens. The result: Delicious "Kasseler Stadthonig", which has already received several gold awards from the Hessian beekeeper association.
02 Braumanufaktur Steckenpferd
In a former butchery, two students have set up their brewing company "Steckenpferd" - and since then produce "regional creative beer", which is not only completely vegetarian, but also extremely tasty. You can enjoy the delicious brew on site in a small bar with attached gallery. Well then cheers!
03 Ahle Worscht
One of the typical regional specialties that you can enjoy in Kassel is the "Ahle Worscht" - a special dry sausage that is now well-known and popular far beyond Kassel. The long-matured raw sausage, also known as "Stracke" or "Dürre Runde", is anything but old: For the production, fresh meat is processed and refined exclusively with natural spices. Good Appetite!
04 Gin made in northern Hesse
"Gin is in" – this call has also been heard in northern Hesse: a small distillery in Liebenau near Kassel has been producing top-quality gin for the past few years that enjoys an excellent reputation amongst connoisseurs. Besides juniper handpicked in the Diemel valley, its strong base also contains selected aromas such as grapefruit, citrus, orange, buckthorn, wakame seaweed and other botanical ingredients. Your health!
05 "Kasseler Hornaffe"
If you want to figure out what a Kasseler Hornaffe is, don't be misled by the word "affe" – monkey – and consult an encyclopaedia, as this is not some exotic animal found only in Kassel. In fact, you'd be well-advised to find a copy of the famous dictionary of German compiled by the Grimm brothers. According to Jacob Grimm, a "hornaffe" is "a sweetmeat shaped like two horns turned toward another". It is still popular today and sold by many bakeries in Kassel and the region. The oval, strudel-like Danish pastry dough Christmas treat is filled with raising and candied orange peel, coated in marzipan and covered in chopped almonds. A truly local sweet temptation...
Situated right in the middle of Kassel´s UNESCO World Heritage Site Bergparkhöhe, the Schlosshotel Bad Wilhelmshöhe Conference & SPA leaves nothing to be desired in terms of sophistication.
- 2 x accommodation in a \"comfort\" category double room with late checkout on Sundays until 2 p.m. at no extra charge (subject to availability and on request; we are also happy to check for you whether this is possible on other days of the week)
- 2 x sumptuous Schlosshotel buffet breakfast with food cooked to order in front of you
- 2 x chef\'s choice set menu or buffet meal
- ... and lots more!
from 200,00 EUR per person
WowChilling in Kassel
Book your relaxing holiday now – in the centre of Germany! The last few months have been exhausting for all of us, and everyone is longing for the return of at least some normality. We want to see you again, offer you the well-deserved comfort that turns a non-business city trip into an exciting time off that you will remember for a long time to come. Go on, you\'ve earned it!
- 3 nights´ accommodation – for the price of two nights in a “classic“ category room (see website for upgrade options)
- 3 x generous, healthy breakfast
- Free admission to in-house “Vital Lounge“ spa area including bathrobe and bath towel hire
- Free parking directly at the hotel
- Free public transport ticket valid throughout northern Hesse so you can explore the region
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- 1 welcome bottle of water in your room
- ... and lots more!
109 EUR p.P.
WowCulture in Kassel
Situated close to the fairy tale quarter in Kassel´s Niederzwehren district, Hotel Gude primarily attracts curious individualists looking for outstanding comfort and service.
- 1 nights´ accommodation in a double room (category M, arrival Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
- Gourmet breakfast buffet; speciality coffees and teas served at the table
- ... and lots more!
from 139,00 EUR p.P.
WowGem in Kassel
The small but select Palmenbad has a long tradition as a boutique hotel. The listed half-timbered building has new owners since 2019 who particularly value using regional products wherever possible as they are passionate about their home town.
- 1 nights´ accommodation in a double room
- 1 welcome gin and tonic, with our own Palmenbad gin made using botanical ingredients from the Bergpark
- Regional organic buffet breakfast
- 1 glass of Bergpark edition urban honey
- MeineCardPlus Kassel
from 59.50 EUR p.P.