From Rembrandt to Graffiti (Art)
From the Old Masters gallery Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister to the graffiti art in trendy Schillerviertel and the galleries in Südstadt: art is at home in Kassel – not least also in its streetscape, where the international art exhibition documenta's outdoor works continuously open up new and fascinating perspectives. Plus, according to UK newspaper The Guardian, GRIMMWELT in Kassel is one of the world's ten best new museums. A must-see? We think so!
The Neue Galerie near the Karlsaue has always been closely linked to the documenta: not only exhibits from the current exhibition are on display every five years, but also documenta works from the past decades have a permanent place here. From November 22, 2019, the new presentation 'about:documenta' on the entire upper floor invites you to immerse yourself in the fascinating history of the internationally important exhibition series.
02 Fairy tale world heritage
Thanks to Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, Kassel holds not just one but two World Heritage titles, as the Grimm brothers' personal copies of the Children's and Household Tales have been added to the UNESCO Memory of the World Register. They can be admired in the GRIMMWELT museum, which brings the lives and work of the Grimm brothers to life.
03 You can see here something!
Particularly charming in the landscape: a title that Kassel has earned not only because of its magical parks and gardens. Because the Kassel museum landscape is extremely diverse and always opens up new perspectives. Whether technology, history, satire, contemporary art or princely life: Look forward to over 20 museums, in which there is a lot to discover!
04 Europe's biggest formal hillside park
Around 300 years ago, Landgraf Carl delighted visitors with the attractions of "his" mountain park – ranging from the Hercules Monument to the impressive Baroque water features down to the Wilhelmshöhe Palace with its collection of antiques and paintings. Today, Europe's biggest formal hillside park is even a UNESCO World Heritage Site and attracts many thousands of visitors every year, who are just as fascinated as the Landgrave's guests were at the time...
Experience Kassel\'s “green“ side and enjoy 2 nights and 1 day at Renthof Kassel. Enjoy fantastic hiking trails as well as culinary delights from the kitchen, and restful and relaxing nights in our lovingly furnished rooms, which are equipped with Coco-Mat beds.
- Two nights´ accommodation in a double room
- Choice of picnic hamper or hiking rucksack filled with delicious food and a hiking map of the most beautiful trails in and around Kassel
- A picnic rug and a bottle of “Hummeln im Hintern“
- Our extensive breakfast selection
- MeineCardPlus Kassel
from 350 EUR p.P.
WowArt and Culture in Kassel
The treasures of the German city with the third-largest number of museums are right outside your hotel door. Particularly the Fridericianum museum, the core of the documenta, the world\'s most important contemporary art exhibition, is only a few steps away.
- 2 nights´ accommodation in a double room (free upgrade to a junior suite, subject to availability)
- Continental breakfast
- Parking in front of the hotel
- Guided city tour, including audio guide
- Merian guide special edition Kassel
- MeineCardPlus Kassel
- A glass of honey made by the hotel´s own bees
from 142.50 EUR p.P.
WowGolf and more
Situated right in the middle of Kassel´s UNESCO World Heritage Site Bergparkhöhe, the Schlosshotel Bad Wilhelmshöhe Conference & SPA leaves nothing to be desired in terms of sophistication.
- 2 nights´ accommodation at the Schlosshotel in a “superior“ category room
- 2 x sumptuous Schlosshotel buffet breakfast with food cooked to order in front of you
- 1 x VIP welcome on arrival in your room
- ... and lots more!
from 265,00 EUR per person
WowDolce Vita Landgrave Carl Style
Situated right in the middle of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe, the Schlosshotel Bad Wilhelmshöhe Conference & SPA offers you a taste of the “sweet life“ which Landgrave Carl already offered his guests 300 years ago.
- 2 x accommodation in a “comfort“ category double room with late checkout on Sundays until 2 p.m. at no extra charge (subject to availability and on request; we are also happy to check for you whether this is possible on other days of the week)
- 2 x Schlosshotel breakfast
- 2 x chef´s choice set menu
- Free admission to the hotel´s spa and fitness facilities including indoor pool and natural swimming pool
- ... and lots more!
from 200 EUR p.P.