From Rembrandt to Graffiti (Art)
From the Old Masters gallery Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister to the graffiti art in trendy Schillerviertel and the galleries in Südstadt: art is at home in Kassel – not least also in its streetscape, where the international art exhibition documenta's outdoor works continuously open up new and fascinating perspectives. Plus, according to UK newspaper The Guardian, GRIMMWELT in Kassel is one of the world's ten best new museums. A must-see? We think so!
The Neue Galerie near the Karlsaue has always been closely linked to the documenta: not only exhibits from the current exhibition are on display every five years, but also documenta works from the past decades have a permanent place here. Since 2019, the new presentation 'about:documenta' on the entire upper floor invites you to immerse yourself in the fascinating history of the internationally important exhibition series.
02 Fairy tale world heritage
Thanks to Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, Kassel holds not just one but two World Heritage titles, as the Grimm brothers' personal copies of the Children's and Household Tales have been added to the UNESCO Memory of the World Register. They can be admired in the GRIMMWELT museum, which brings the lives and work of the Grimm brothers to life.
03 You can see here something!
Particularly charming in the landscape: a title that Kassel has earned not only because of its magical parks and gardens. Because the Kassel museum landscape is extremely diverse and always opens up new perspectives. Whether technology, history, satire, contemporary art or princely life: Look forward to over 20 museums, in which there is a lot to discover!
04 Europe's biggest formal hillside park
Around 300 years ago, Landgraf Carl delighted visitors with the attractions of "his" mountain park – ranging from the Hercules Monument to the impressive Baroque water features down to the Wilhelmshöhe Palace with its collection of antiques and paintings. Today, Europe's biggest formal hillside park is even a UNESCO World Heritage Site and attracts many thousands of visitors every year, who are just as fascinated as the Landgrave's guests were at the time...
WowActive in Kassel
Are you looking for a place where you can relax a little with your partner, your kids or your friends, yet also enjoy all of the activities summer in the city has to offer?
- 3 days (2 nights) + 1 night at a special discounted rate
- 3 x breakfast
- Enjoy one hour of yoga with a personal trainer in your room, or book your personal trainer for a few outdoor exercises directly next to the Fulda river. On request, both can also be combined for an extra charge.
- Every day, you can enjoy: 2 hours\' free admission to the Kurhessen–Therme or the use of an e-bike for 4 hours per day, as well as many other things...
- MeineCardPlus Kassel
from 450 EUR p.P.
Experience Kassel\'s “green“ side and enjoy 2 nights and 1 day at Renthof Kassel. Enjoy fantastic hiking trails as well as culinary delights from the kitchen, and restful and relaxing nights in our lovingly furnished rooms, which are equipped with Coco-Mat beds.
- Two nights´ accommodation in a double room
- Choice of picnic hamper or hiking rucksack filled with delicious food and a hiking map of the most beautiful trails in and around Kassel
- A picnic rug and a bottle of “Hummeln im Hintern“
- Our extensive breakfast selection
- MeineCardPlus Kassel
from 350 EUR p.P.
WowWorldCulture in Kassel
The H4 Hotel Kassel offers a high level of comfort in a prime location. The “Vorderer Westen“ district, a quarter with many beautiful period buildings, is perfect for socialising and shopping sprees and is located right outside the hotel\'s front door.
- 2 nights´ accommodation in a “comfort“ category room including generous buffet breakfast
- 1 x dinner on the day of arrival including 2 drinks per person (beer, wine, soft drinks)
- ... and lots more!
from 131,00 EUR per person
WowGem in Kassel
The small but select Palmenbad has a long tradition as a boutique hotel. The listed half-timbered building has new owners since 2019 who particularly value using regional products wherever possible as they are passionate about their home town.
- 1 nights´ accommodation in a double room
- 1 welcome gin and tonic, with our own Palmenbad gin made using botanical ingredients from the Bergpark
- Regional organic buffet breakfast
- 1 glass of Bergpark edition urban honey
- MeineCardPlus Kassel
from 59.50 EUR p.P.