Enchanted Forest and World of Words…
Find your way through the enchanted forest, discover yourself in the Snow White mirror and rant and rave: The GRIMM WORLD on the Weinberg in Kassel invites small and big visitors to go on an exciting voyage of discovery through the varied life and work of the Brothers Grimm.
The GRIMM WORLD is closed as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19 until further notice. As a preventive measure, there are no public events and guided tours until the end of April. The Falada café/restaurant is also closed to the public for the time being. You can find more information at www.kassel.de
Here you don’t only experience the fairy tale world of the Brothers Grimm from many new perspectives: The important linguistic work by Jacob and Wilhelm, which is presented in a clear descriptive way, can also be explored here. For example, the interactive swear word generator unveils the numerous coarse insults that have made their way into the German Dictionary of the Brothers Grimm – great fun not only for younger visitors.
You can also immerse yourself in the world-famous fairy tales and learn a lot of interesting facts about their origin as well as the life of the Grimms in old Kassel. Another highlight are the personal copies of the Children’s and Household Tales, which are also exhibited here. Its designation as part of the UNESCO Memory of the World Programme will be celebrated for the 15th time in 2020. At the same time, GRIMM WORLD will celebrate its 5th birthday next year – a magical double anniversary, which will be celebrated with a large special exhibition about the power of “Storytelling”.
Because so many adventures make you hungry, you can look forward to a great selection of magical delights for all taste buds in the Café-Restaurant FALADA – and in summer also outside in “Grimm’s Garden”. And as a special treat there’s the fabulous panoramic view over Kassel.
Tuesday to Sunday 10 am to 6 pm
Fridays until 8 pm
Einwilligung zur Nutzung von Youtube.
Unter „Datenschutz“ können Sie diese Einstellung jederzeit anpassen.
"HOME" by Sabine Hertig:
New special exhibition from 19 February 2021
There's plenty to discover in the large-scale artworks created by Swiss artist Sabine Hertig: a closer look reveals that they are made up of thousands of tiny fragments – scraps of images torn out of newspapers, magazines and books, cut into shape and glued together to form unique landscapes, varied projection spaces that encourage you to use your imagination and also represent an exciting contrast to the GRIMMWELT's permanent exhibition.
The GRIMM WORLD from A-Z
Did you know that compiling the German Dictionary involved a massive amount of small pieces of paper everywhere? And why it took a total of 123 years for the centennial work started by the Brothers Grimm to finally be completed? This one-hour tour will immerse you in the world of the Brothers Grimm – and take you on an exciting trip from the German dictionary to the fairy tale side of the Grimm’s work right up to interesting insights into their private lives. And you will also gain a lot of worthwhile information about the personal copies of the Children’s and Household Tales, which have been part of the UNESCO Memory of the World Register since 2005.
Price: 5 €, disc. 3 € plus entrance
International story time
Every Sunday at 11.30 am, storytellers will take you on a journey into the world of fairy tales at GRIMM WORLD – with an authentic thick book, in a red velvet armchair and under a fabric-covered lamp. Having previously always hearing the Brothers Grimm’s famous stories, story time 2020 will become international. After all, storytelling is a worldwide tradition and in Germany it is even listed as an intangible cultural heritage by UNESCO. Whether French fairy tales, Arabian legends from 1001 Nights, Jewish fairy tales, Bedouin stories or the Pentamerone: you can look forward to an hour full of imaginative characters and stories from all over the world!
GRIMM WORLD’s anniversary year
5 years of GRIMM WORLD – 15 years of world document heritage: GRIMM WORLD 2020 celebrates this double anniversary with the year’s main focus on the integrative power of storytelling. The group exhibition “Storytelling”, running from June to October 2020, takes centre stage. It presents current works by contemporary artists inspired by the Grimm’s fairy tales and characters. At the end of the anniversary year, GRIMM WORLD will then give you flowers: in cooperation with the association “Flowers to Art/Blumen für die Kunst”, a special exhibition will take place from December 2020 to the beginning of January 2021, which will delight both flower and Grimm lovers.
WowKassel in a day
At the Palmenbad, you are far from the madding crowds and can, in an informal feel-good atmosphere, enjoy the newly designed rooms and suites (in different sizes from S to XL) and the very best of North Hessian cuisine – fresh, healthy and delicious.
- 1 night incl. breakfast and “MeineCard“
- Small picnic basket containing North Hessian specialities (city honey, a miniature bottle of Palmenbad gin, a small Ahle Wurst from the butcher Landfleischerei Koch, a small jar of homemade jam and a small cheese from the Kirchhof Oberellenbach farm, Steckenpferd pilsner
- “Kassel an einem Tag” (Kassel in a day) city guide
- ... and lots more!
from EUR 80.00 p.P.
WowIn harmony with nature
The Renthof invites you to take a luxurious journey through time – in a number of ways at once: the hotel is located in the historic walls of a monastery built in 1298 and delights guests with a stylish design that provides constant surprises.
- Two nights in the desired category of room
- Extensive breakfast buffet
- A bottle of Kiefer’s non-alcoholic Hummeln im Hintern, or a bottle of Krämer’s Pudelwohl wine.
- A hiking map
- A picnic blanket
- A picnic basket or hiking rucksack containing delicious regional delicacies
- Late check-out until 2 p.m.
- The “MeineCardKassel+” (for 72 hours of free use of the local public transport and all sorts of discounts on entry tickets in the city area)
- ... and lots more!
from EUR 159 p.P.
WowWellness – fit and healthy
Situated right in the middle of Kassel´s UNESCO World Heritage Site Bergparkhöhe, the Schlosshotel Bad Wilhelmshöhe Conference & SPA leaves nothing to be desired in terms of sophistication.
- 2 nights in a Comfort double room with late check-out on Sundays until 2 p.m. (on request and depending on availability; we are also happy to check other days of the week)
- 2 x palace breakfast from the extensive buffet with live cooking
- 1 x 3-course vital menu chosen by the chef (on the day of arrival)
- Daily entry to the wellness and spa oasis including the indoor pool and the natural swimming pond
- 1 x healthy VIP welcome when you arrive in the room
- ... and lots more!
from EUR 225.00 per person
WowE-biking in Kassel
A fairytale adventure in the heart of the city? In the Hotel Gude and the neighbouring Niederzwehren fairytale district, you will meet the spirit of the Brothers Grimm wherever you go.
- 2 nights in an L double room with late check-out on Sundays until 2 p.m. (on request and depending on a availability)
- 2 x breakfast from the extensive breakfast buffet
- Free use of an e-bike with a cycling tour recommendation starting from the hotel
- 1 x 3-course meal in the Pfeffermühle restaurant on the day of arrival
- Free parking space on the hotel site during the stay
- 1 bottle of mineral water in the room
- Free WiFi in the hotel
- ... and lots more!
from EUR 199.00 p.P.